[CT Birds] Hartford Peregrines

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 19:46:32 EDT 2013

Having had conversations with the company that is doing the work on the Travelers Tower even prior to it  starting, I can corroborate Mona's comments that there will be no nest box on the Tower until the work is completed and we can only hope that the work will not drag into the 2014 nesting season. My understanding is that the nesting box had been removed prior to the start of last year's breeding season just to prevent what Sarah Faulkner described in her e-mail.  Unless I hear otherwise, I would assume that to be the case.  Whether or not the nest box will be returned to the Tower following the renovation has likely not yet been discussed.

On the plus side, it should be noted that last year there was at least one successful nesting in the Hartford area although not in the vicinity of downtown. Perhaps this year there will be others?

Jay Kaplan
Canton