[CT Birds] Fear and Self-loathing

Bob MacDonnell bob at macdonnellphoto.com
Fri Mar 29 23:36:40 EDT 2013

I've been thinking about this topic, mostly from the photographer's
perspective, for a while. When people are very passionate about
something, as many in the birding community are, there's bound to be
tensions when people don't see eye to eye. Over time, I've tended to
do more birding/photography on my own, in some part to avoid these
tensions. It's not an ideal solution, and I wonder if it's worth
enjoying my passion in somewhat of a vacuum to avoid potential
conflicts. I had a blog entry mostly written, and wasn't sure if I'd
ever post it, but since the subject has come up, I'll add my two cents
if anyone cares to read it.

http://bobmacdonnell.zenfolio.com/blog

Bob MacDonnell
Niantic,