[CT Birds] Gray Jay under bridge in Eagleville??

danforth1723 at att.net danforth1723 at att.net
Sat Mar 30 22:32:01 EDT 2013

I suppose stranger things have happened. After seeing Justin's posting I
shot over to Eagleville to check it out at 6:30 pm. I was suspicious from
the start, wondering what a UMaine ornithology class would be doing in
Eagleville Ct. Though it is close to the UConn campus. Never heard of a Gray
Jay nesting under a bridge, but what do I know?
No Gray Jay and no nest of any kind under the bridge. There is only one
bridge over a river (Willimantic river) in Eagleville. I used to live very
close to it eighteen years ago and know the area very well. I still live
close by, so it was low risk for me.
Thought the posting was possibly for Maine, but Google didn't find an
Eagleville Me.
On the bright side, saw my FOY Tree Swallow.

Mark Danforth
Tolland Ct.