[CT Birds] About Redpolls -

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 30 22:49:09 EDT 2013

I still have 6 Redpoll at the feeders today. Have had them each day since
December 27th at the feeder, and my first on November 20th at Colebrook. They
are the remaining 6 now for a week.
I am interested in how long they stay here in CT this year. In previous years
they have stayed into early April up here.
Siskins usually stay longer. Had one pr nest here in yard years ago. But would
you kindly post
your sightings of Redpolls on site here so we can see how late they stay in CT
this year?
Remember, they have a very long way North to go back to their breeding territory
up in the Arctic.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton