[CT Birds] Correction on earlier report!

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 22:57:16 EDT 2013

I have been consulting with the highest authorities on the alleged White-rumped Sandpiper I reported at Hammonasset earlier today.  The bird exhibited some field marks of White-rumped Sandpiper but appeared quite chunky compared to White-rumps that I am familiar with and something wasn't quite right.  On further consideration I suspected that the ID was suspect and should have paid more attention to my doubts.  I consulted with some experts more experienced in these matters and checked my photos.  Greg Hanisek suggested to me that it appears to be the Red Knot that has been wintering at Hammo at the end of the Moraine Trail and I concur.  Sorry for the mistake.  Still learning!

Gina Nichol
Branford, CT