[CT Birds] Eagleville jays

elphick at sbcglobal.net elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 31 06:03:51 EDT 2013

I live a couple of mins walk from the Eagleville Preserve and walk through it regularly - including yesterday. The person who teaches ornithology at UMaine is also a good friend. He swears this was not a joke. (I'm not sure I believe him!) From the student's description it sounds like a phoebe (a very easy mistake for a beginner to make).

Now if someone would like to post a clapper rail sighting on Monday, somewhere on the coast near Orono, I'd be very grateful ... But don't leave it in the database :)

Chris Elphick
Storrs, CT