[CT Birds] A very welcome sign of spring

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Mar 31 08:37:10 EDT 2013

3/31/13, in Woodbridge-I was walking my dogs in the neighborhood this
morning, enjoying the usual bird song this time of year: of the titmouse,
cardinal, and other resident species, when I heard something different and
distinctive: the song of a thrush.  A Wood Thrush so early?  Surely, not.
No, it was a Hermit Thrush, singing high in a tree.  Beautiful, and
unmistakable.  A real treat on the last day of March.  Spring is here!

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge