[CT Birds] Redpolls

Ann Lewis annmlewis59 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 10:03:02 EDT 2013

We have had redpolls here at our feeders in Chaplin since January 1st.
Their numbers range from half dozen to 3 dozen but 1 or 2 dozen is
typical.  Their visits have become more frequent since January and now we
see them or evidence of them (i.e. a drop in thistle seed in the feeder by
an inch or two) every day.  They are a delight to have around and
yesterday, when I was planting peas in the garden, they pretty much ignored
me from 3 or 4 feet away.  We have been wondering how long they might stay
so thanks for the info, Paul.  If they visit in future years we will now
know that the 20 lb. bag of thistle see would not go to waste!

Ann Lewis
Chaplin, Ct

Message: 9