[CT Birds] OT but of interest to some.

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 31 11:34:26 EDT 2013

Don,

I took a look at all the images you posted. Nice job. The tracks are at
least two to three days old and losing integrity. It looks to me like the
rear pad shape is consistently not the right shape for a felid. The rear pad
shape looks more like a canid rear pad. The tracks are not fresh enough to
be certain but my inclination is to say a large and bulky domestic dog
breed. I know claw prints are often visible in canid tracks but I have
examined thousands of Coyote tracks in snow and the claw imprints are often
faint and often are the first thing that degrades when the print softens and
melts out.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England