[CT Birds] Help cleaning Purple Martin gourds

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Mon Mar 25 12:57:43 EDT 2013

Here's a random request for any volunteers that want to help us clean out Purple Martin gourds Wednesday (3/27) morning at 9AM at Stratford Point. If you want to come down and check out some birds and do some cleaning we'd really appreciate it! Bring some rubber gloves and we can handle the rest. We use the gourds for colonies at Milford Point, Stratford Point, and a few other locations in the state. Watch for more information on monitoring Purple Martins with Connecticut Audubon Society sometime soon.

We have plenty of winter ducks, the gull show, and a lot more to see. Tens of thousands of birds are around the area right now.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.