[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Mar 27 00:34:09 EDT 2013

 Passing these along.

 From Judy Richardson:
Many ducks at Aspetuck/ Hemlock Reservoirs
Around 1 this afternoon in Easton, 2 Pied-billed Grebes were along the Center road Fairfield side of the reservoir. On the way down Black Rock Tpke, 2 Black Vultures were flying over, and when I drove up toward Redding, there were around 50 Ring-necked Ducks, 20 Bufffleheads, a couple of Hooded Mergansers, about 5 Common Mergansers, and at least 4 American Wigeons. I didn't have time to use the scope, but them might have been more! Things are moving!

 From Roy Harvey:
03/16/13 - Beacon Falls, Rimmon Hill Rd -- late afternoon; adult Bald Eagle in the farm field sloping down west of the rd, first seen flying very low and then landing.  Gone when  I returned half an hour later; by then there were half a dozen Killdeer.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT