[CT Birds] Willimantic Black Vultures and Phoebe

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 27 09:55:12 EDT 2013

I was in Willimantic this morning to be interviewed about hiking and birding
on WILI. When I left the studio, 2 Black Vultures were flying across Main
Street. To think hour many miles and hours I spent trying to get one in CT
back in the 1990s! Now I see them everywhere and often. Got COA mentioned on
air a few times, so that's good too. An Eastern Phoebe was calling along Rte
32 heading out of town as well as a flyby Killdeer.

Did a late day into night hike at Walden Preserve in Salem last night under
the "Worm" moon, absolutely gorgeous night hike! At least 3 American
Woodcocks were displaying along the various forest openings. Might have been
more but I was listening to music for a lot of the hike.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England