[CT Birds] Fear and Self-loathing

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Thu Mar 28 14:04:25 EDT 2013

Having just finished reviewing my batch of votes for the ARCC, I am left
angry and saddened by the way some members of the Connecticut birding
community regard other members of this community.  I am brought to this by
reading how a very good bird was seen in the state but not made public
because of. the anticipated bad behavior of borders and listers ( you should
probably add bird photographers to this list as well) that would make the
scene a horror show.   This is incredibly arrogant and so wrong-headed!   I
respect the right of property owners to not want birders on their property.
Private is private.  I did not go see the Bradley Airport Mountain Bluebird.
This is not my issue.  What I am absolutely offended by and getting very
tired of is the way that well-embedded members of the  birding community
continue to put out in public that we are a gang of misbehaving children
that cannot be trusted to respect the rights of landowners, property,  or
the well-being of birds,  in our pursuit to see or, god forbid, photograph

What is wrong with us ?

Mark S. Szantyr

80 Bicknell Road #9

Ashford, Connecticut 06278