[CT Birds] Eagle vs. Hawk

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Mar 28 15:28:19 EDT 2013

Just watched the video. Not a pleasant sight, but nature is neither cruel nor kind. Looks like an immature Red-tailed attacked the nest without realizing the danger. If you watch carefully when the Eagle raises up and spreads its wings at the moment of impact, it appears the Hawk is trying to abort the hit as it sees the size of the Eagle. The Eagle makes very short work of what may have been a very hungry and possibly weakened young Hawk. I would say there is no doubt this is a legitimate video. Thanks Jonah.

David Provencher