[CT Birds] Hamden: RBNH, Siskin

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Mar 29 12:57:11 EDT 2013

Around Lake Whitney, much the same, although it seems more Wood Duck today, and I didn't see Common Mergansers.  A nice view of a Sharp Shinned Hawk patrolling over the lake.  (Mostly out for the walk, I must confess.)

Our R-b Nuthatch remains a daily (I think) visitor;  a single Pine Siskin visited for a bit.  A first year Red Winged Blackbird with an odd patterning had me confused for a bit.

From Arthur Shippee:
03/29/13 - Hamden, North Lake -- Red-breasted Nuthatch;  Pine Siskin