[CT Birds] Westport Egret Roost

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 20:57:58 EDT 2013

While  driving back home from Sherwood Island SP around 7:15 this evening,I accidentally discovered an egret roost at the edge of a small lake on a side street.I suspect this location has been used in past years as it is protected from wind and probably has a good food supply. The following is what I could see from the road in the few minutes  I was there.

4/4/13 - Westport - undisclosed location
to protect the birds - 10 Great Egrets and 3 Snowy Egrets roosting in one tree exhibiting all their breeding plumage finery and an Osprey on a nearby birch tree eating a fish.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone