[CT Birds] Bald Cardinal

David Carey careydavid at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 5 17:18:12 EDT 2013

We live in Haddam and several years ago (when unfortunatley I didn't have a very
good camera) we had what appeared to be a bald (head void of feathers) female
cardinal.  Head looked like that of a turkey vulture.  Being in Haddam and close
to the river we affectionatley referred to it as the "power plant" bird.  It was
odd looking and didn't seem to socialize much either.  She was here for several
days and then we have never seen her or one like her since.

Captain Dave