[CT Birds] Shoreline this afternoon

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 20:32:53 EDT 2013

4/5/13- Guilford shorebird pool-- 5pm; 1 very cooperative PECTORAL SANDPIPER feeding on the mudflats just before low tide for 30 minutes until I left.  Also over 50 Green-winged Teal.

I could not find any Lesser Yellowlegs there but at 5:50pm I found 1 Lesser Yellowlegs with 3 greater Yellowlegs at Hammonasset.

At 4pm there were 4 Glossy Ibis at Rocky Neck SP.

Many Snowy and Great Egrets on the shoreline now.  Also 1 Greater Egret in East Haddam so they are moving inland as well.

They've gotta be somewhere.
Dan Rottino
Sent from my iPhone.