[CT Birds] location for Bald Eagle vs Osprey

SOPHIE ZYLA sophiezyla at snet.net
Sat Apr 6 23:46:13 EDT 2013

The fish fight took place over Carrington Pond in Matthies Park in Beacon Falls. Two osprey were there, than a third appeared and the eagle flew in. It seemed the three were in the trees or flying on the backside of the pond as we walked around the trail. One osprey flew toward the west and the other two went east so probably to the nest along the Naugatuck River. The eagle headed south once he had his/her fish safely tucked. Yesterday both osprey were busy fishing the Naugatuck River by the Route 42 bridge. I have on occasion seen the osprey at Matthies but started to wonder if nesting was taking place with the three there.
Happy birding!
Sophie Zyla
Beacon Falls