[CT Birds] Hamden- Johnson's Pond Palm Warblers and G-C Kinglets

Nancy Specht naspecht at snet.net
Mon Apr 8 11:50:45 EDT 2013

4/8/13, 9:00AM, Johnson's Pond in Hamden:
PALM WARBLERS (at least 3), GOLDEN-CROWNED-KINGLETS (2), Also, Wild Turkeys (2), Downy Woodpeckers, Hairy Woodpecker, Flicker, Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, American Goldfinches eating while hanging off catkins, Black-capped Chickadees, Tufted Titmouse, Am. Robins, Blue Jays, Spring Peepers. Also, heard/seen down on the Mill River: EASTERN PHOEBE, Belted Kingfisher, Common Mergansers (2 female), Great Blue Heron (2 together), Canada Geese, Red-winged Blackbirds, and Painted Turtles sunning.

It really felt like Spring today! It was one of those magical birding mornings. I was standing in one place and birds kept coming to me. I could almost touch the Palms and the Kinglets.

Also, Hamden back yard when I returned, FOY Chipping Sparrow.

Nancy Specht