[CT Birds] Darien Ospreys being harassed

Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:43:38 EDT 2013

So do these same types of laws apply in CT? I have not looked at the CT laws lately. Thoughts?

In New Jersey Ospreys nest throughout New Jersey in the breeding season, April 1 to August 31, with most nests found along the Atlantic Coast. Osprey nests are protected during the breeding season under the New Jersey Endangered and Nongame Species Conservation Act and the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act. These laws require that nests be left free from disturbance, harassment and take. Actions that cause ospreys to change their behavior, and especially to leave their nest, constitute disturbance and are illegal under State and Federal law.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
http://kymrygroup.com/