[CT Birds] Darien Ospreys being harassed

Meredith, Leslie Leslie.Meredith at simonandschuster.com
Mon Apr 8 13:48:53 EDT 2013

I phoned DEP: Other Emergencies line: 860-424-3333 and was first told by the man who answered that an official had in fact already been out last week in response to the first call about this and determined that what the police were doing was not 'illegal'.  I asked how that could be when the Fed treaty clearly says no harassment. He referred me to someone else who says they're actually still looking into this, that Jenny Dixon their lead biologist is 'working with state and federal wildlife officials' to determine whether or not the action is illegal. Some Communications towers are able to obtain permits for nest removal. Bet it just happens that this one suddenly has acquired such a permit.