[CT Birds] Darien Ospreys being harassed

Hannan, John jhannan at audubon.org
Mon Apr 8 17:18:59 EDT 2013

A friend of mine who lives in Darien, but is not on this list, was equally disturbed by the harassment of the osprey.  In talking with her neighbors on Saturday she thinks she may have found a young man who would be willing to take on the permitting, fund raising, and construction needs involved in setting up an osprey platform as an eagle scout project so Tina's suggestion seems like a case of great minds thinking alike.  I will ask my friend to investigate with the young man if he is serious and anyone who would like further info can contact me offline if they are interested in helping him or knowing more.  Tina, I will contact you directly if he takes this on so you know your idea took hold.  It would be poetic justice if an osprey was helped by an eagle even if the eagle was a scout.
John Hannan
Audubon Connecticut