[CT Birds] Banding report from Birdcraft

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:29:30 EDT 2013

Don't be surprised if you see Kinglets!  Yesterday we banded 22
Golden-crowned and today 15 Golden-crowned and 9 Ruby-crowned.  We also got
our first Hermit Thrushes of the season.  I only band on Wednesdays and
Thursdays, so sorry for the late report for yesterday.  Here is the
complete report:

*4/9*
5 Brown Creeper
22 Golden-crowned Kinglet
1 Slate-colored Junco
1 Eastern Phoebe
1 Black-capped Chickadee
1 Song Sparrow
1 White-breasted Nuthatch
3 White-throated Sparrow
1 Northern Cardinal
1 American Robin

Recaptures: 1 Carolina Wren, ! Black-capped Chickadee and 1 American Robin

*4/10*
15 Golden-crowned Kinglet
9 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
5 Brown Creeper
1 White-throated Sparrow
3 Hermit Thrush
1 Yellow-shafted Flicker

Recaptures:  1 White-throated Sparrow, 1 Brown Creeper

Birdcraft is located at 314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut