[CT Birds] Gannets and more in East wind

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 12 11:54:04 EDT 2013

>From Frank Mantlik

04/12  Stratford Seawatch from foot of COVE PLACE, 7:30-9:30 - 138 NORTHERN
GANNETS, 400 LONG-TAILED DUCKS, 11 Common Loon, 11 Red-throated Loon, 67 Scaup
(both species).  East winds 25-33+ mph, rough seas, overcast.
Full eBird list here:     http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S13718141

When rain began and visibility diminished, I moved to STRATFORD POINT (relative
shelter of building's porch). Much less seen here. Perhaps the rain halted the
movement, or perhaps lower numbers due to lower visibilty.
Full eBird list here:     http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S13718228

My kind of birding, but time for some hot soup!