[CT Birds] Return of the Osprey Party April 20, 5:30 p.m. at the Coastal Center

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Apr 12 16:49:51 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

We're gearing up for our Third Annual Return of the Osprey Party at the Coastal Center on Saturday, April 20, starting at 5:30 p.m. There's great food and drink, live music, a wide selection of auction items, including works from many local bird artists, and wonderful people to meet.

I just received a beautiful native garnet necklace from Vincent's Jewelers in Milford for the auction, and I will be picking up original works from talented photographers AJ Hand, Zim Zipp and many others, next week. Mark Szantyr is donating a lovely painting of American Avocets, and my fingers are crossed that David Sibley will come through with another piece this year, as well.

Milford's wonderful Bistro Basque Restaurant is providing a delectable Spanish torte and hors d'oeuvres; Villa Gourmet has kindly offered a selection of their amazing cheeses; and Milford's terrific Southport Brewing Company and Restaurant is generously providing a variety of delightful appetizers. I love to cook, so I am making 10 lbs. of salmon with herbs, as well, and some other chef friends have a few surprises planned, as well.

We are quite moved by the show of support from the community for the Coastal Center. As a non-profit, it can't be done otherwise. We hope you too can join us for the event and a wonderful evening at the shore with friends. We'll see you on the 20th!

If you're planing to attend, please RSVP to Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502, as soon as possible, so we know how much food and drink we'll need.

Thank you.

Frank

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Society