[CT Birds] Pine Warbler-not Yellow warbler

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 09:51:20 EDT 2013

4/14  Orange Backyard
Thank you to Greg H. And Chris L . for correcting me in the identification
of the warbler at my feeders.  It is a Pine Warbler, not a Yellow warbler.
The bird just returned this morning to my feeders. It gave much better
looks, as it sat on the suet feeder, turning around.
The streaking was not rufous, but a palish gray/green and I was able to see
its back which did have gray/green and white wing bars. One thing that
fooled me initially, is that this bird is a
brilliant yellow, not like the paler yellow in Sibley's.
Thanks for ID help. That is one of the things that is so helpful on this
birding listserve.
Bev Propen, Orange