[CT Birds] Eagle, Osprey, Pileated WP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:51:43 EDT 2013

4/14 - Glastonbury - Glastonbury Blvd. around 6:30 p.m. - "Spec bird"
spotted as I walked out of the Stop & Shop, very high, just soaring proved
to be an a full adult Bald Eagle, once I got to my binocs.  From his/her
trajectory I probably could have had a yard bird if I had been at home a
minute earlier!  Rats.  As I pulled out of parking lot, there was an Osprey
hunting along the Keeney Cove.  It is so good to see the raptors!
At home in East Hartford the Pileated Woodpecker I heard calling a few days
ago has been doing some impressive excavating in the woods behind my
house.  Hope they stay!

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Der spring is sprung
Der grass is riz
I wonder where dem boidies is?

Der little boids is on der wing,
Ain't dat absoid?
Der little wings is on de boid!"     --"The Budding Bronx"  Anonymous