[CT Birds] what is it?

VALERY MELNIKOW valery51 at optimum.net
Thu Apr 11 00:34:43 EDT 2013

val melnikov. 04/10. Milford Audubon. low tide, shallow creek near deck.
Duck with red brown head, dark bill. Back was buff as was breast. At
"top" of wing I think it is known as lesser covert color was white. From
a distance the white looks like a shawl. The white in the wing and the
butt were the same color. I have checked all my references and found
nothing to match. I thought it was a GW Teal but there was no
discernable green eye patch and the white "stripe" is the most striking
feature. I dislike birds.