[CT Birds] Help Piping Plovers and waterbirds!

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Fri Apr 12 12:17:18 EDT 2013

Patrick posted upcoming string fencing dates and let me reiterate that we really need help on those days and that we have a lot of fun finding birds and chatting along the way. You can see more here on the AAfCW blog: http://ctwaterbirds.blogspot.com/2013/04/long-beachsandy-morse-points-fencing.html

Piping Plovers could use some of the Osprey outpouring of love, and if you would like to help the federally and state listed species survive on the beaches of Connecticut please consider becoming an official monitor for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service working with the Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds. You can get more information and start the easy process by emailing us at ctwaterbirds at gmail.com. This is one species that *NEEDS* us desperately in order to successfully breed at all. Not to be too dramatic but many Piping Plover, American Oystercatcher, Least Tern, Common Tern and more perish each year due to both natural and human causes, and the more monitors we have the safer they will be and the more beachgoers we can educate.

Thank you!

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society