[CT Birds] Help protect nesting birds at two key birding locations!

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Apr 13 22:11:26 EDT 2013

It was brought to my attention that the email link was not working on my earlier message.  It should be: ctwaterbirds at gmail.com<mailto:ctwaterbirds at gmail.com>

Patrick Comins

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2013, at 11:21 AM, "Comins, Patrick" <PCOMINS at audubon.org<mailto:PCOMINS at audubon.org>> wrote:

We have received a couple more string fencing dates from CT DEEP:

Sandy/Morse Points -Wednesday 17th 10:30am<x-apple-data-detectors://0>. Meet at the parking lot. Should take a couple of hours.  Rain dateThursday the 18th.<x-apple-data-detectors://1>
Long Beach - Friday 19th 10:30am<x-apple-data-detectors://2>. Meet at the parking lot. Not sure how long it will take. Rain date Monday 22nd.<x-apple-data-detectors://3>

We would love to have as many volunteers join us as possible! Volunteers should bring work gloves, pocket knife/scissors for cutting string, mallet (if they have one), snacks/lunch, water, and sunblock. Depending on the weather, a wind breaker might be necessary – it can be surprisingly cold and windy on the beach in April. Plan for heavy lifting and toting, but be mindful of your safety. We do not want any injuries.

If you have questions you can email Laura Saucer of CT DEEP (Laura.Saucier at ct.gov<mailto:Laura.Saucier at ct.gov>). All volunteers are welcome including those who are not monitors. Please email us atctwaterbirds at gmail.com<mailto:ctwaterbirds at gmail.com> to let us know you plan on going. Thank you all!

Patrick Comins

Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds

Sent from my iPhone