[CT Birds] Eagle, Osprey, Pileated WP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:51:43 EDT 2013

4/14 - Glastonbury - Glastonbury Blvd. around 6:30 p.m. - "Spec bird"
spotted as I walked out of the Stop & Shop, very high, just soaring proved
to be an a full adult Bald Eagle, once I got to my binocs.  From his/her
trajectory I probably could have had a yard bird if I had been at home a
minute earlier!  Rats.  As I pulled out of parking lot, there was an Osprey
hunting along the Keeney Cove.  It is so good to see the raptors!
At home in East Hartford the Pileated Woodpecker I heard calling a few days
ago has been doing some impressive excavating in the woods behind my
house.  Hope they stay!

Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Der spring is sprung
Der grass is riz
I wonder where dem boidies is?

Der little boids is on der wing,
Ain't dat absoid?
Der little wings is on de boid!"     --"The Budding Bronx"  Anonymous