[CT Birds] Nehantic State Forest Lyme

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 15 14:33:44 EDT 2013

This morning I hiked a little more than 11 miles and criss-crossed Nehantic
State Forest in Lyme pretty good though I didn't get into the western corner
which can be quite birdy. A few things but nothing impressive, female
KESTREL, 1 RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, many TREE SWALLOWS, 1 N. ROUGH-WINGED
SWALLOW, 3 PINE WARBLERS, 5 YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS, 1 RUSTY BLACKBIRD, 2
EASTERN TOWHEES among the usual suspects.

Only Leps were 2 MOURNING CLOAKS and 2 SPRING AZURE, but it was only 33
degrees when I started out.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England

 <http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>