[CT Birds] Hooded warbler at Mondo Pond

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Apr 18 11:19:41 EDT 2013

Hi all,

This morning at Mondo Pond in Milford (off Bic Drive), I saw and heard a male Hooded Warbler behind the smaller pond (west of the main pond). It was feeding in the trees with Yellow-rumped warblers, and calling. There were decent numbers of Yellow-rumped Warblers, lots of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, a Pine Warbler, a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, my first Bank Swallow of the spring, and lots of Rough-winged swallows over the pond. Last night, Vanessa and I saw a male Rusty Blackbird singing and feeding on the west edge of the main pond.

Frank Gallo,
Milford

Life is short. Bird often.