[CT Birds] Alaska recommendations?

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Sat Apr 20 10:44:02 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Alaska in early August and would like suggestions for where to bird and stay.  I'll be flying into Anchorage, going down the Kenai penninsula, and up to Denali.  If you have any favorite spots to not miss for birding, short hikes (I'll be alone for part of the trip, so safety is a concern -- no solo trips near grizzlies, please!), or places to stay, especially in the Denali area, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what's the best birding book to take with me?

thanks

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville