[CT Birds] Bent Birds

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Apr 16 21:54:20 EDT 2013

I visited Bent of the River in Southbury this morning.  No luck on Louisiana Waterthrush, though II followed the trails along the river from the parking area to the end of the cedar fields.  I heard a Pine Warbler in the usual spot, singing from across the river, but that was it for warblers.  Heard one Barred Owl call which was nice.  Two Winter Wrens singing, one by the employee parking and the other along the river at the farthest end of the trail.  There was a pair of Wood Ducks, but only the male Common Merganser which makes me hopeful the female is busy incubating.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT