[CT Birds] Spring Birding Programs at Connecticut Audubon's Coastal Center, Milford.

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Apr 17 17:30:56 EDT 2013

Birding Basics
Wednesday, April 24, 7–9 p.m.(classroom)
Sat., April,  8:30-11:30 a.m. (field trip)
Thursday, May 2, 7–9 p.m. (classroom)
Sat., May 4,  8:30-11:30 a.m (field trip)
Learn the basics of birdidentification during this fun and comprehensive hands-on course! Longtimeinstructor and experienced birder Frank Gallo will teach you Identification skills,how to choose and use field guides and binoculars, and where to find birdslocally. The course culminates with a field trip to a local birding "hotspot". No experience is necessary. Bring the "Peterson Field Guide toEastern Birds." (Field guides are available for sale at the Coastal Center.) Fee: $69/person. Seniors $55.

Spring Owl Prowl
Tuesday, April 30, 7:15– 9:15p.m.
When the sun retreats, owlsawaken to go in search of prey. Steeped in mystery and legend, owls are considered wise by some, evil by others, and my have sparked legends of ghosts. We'll uncover the mysteries surrounding these amazingnocturnal hunters while learning about the species that co-exist inour area.  Afterwards, we'll carpool to a local park where we'll try to call one in. It’s a hoot! Fee: $35/person. Seniors $25.

Life is short. Bird often.