[CT Birds] AAfCW bird walk at Long Beach Stratford tomorrow...

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Apr 18 10:26:27 EDT 2013

...during string fencing erection for Piping Plovers, American Oystercatchers, and eventually Least and Common Terns. It would be great to show CT DEEP, USFWS, and others that CT birders really care about these species and want to help them out as much as possible. I know it's a weekday but I certainly know many folks can contribute a couple hours to enjoying the beach with some friends, carrying some stakes, or if you are physically limited, tying some strings and flagging or bringing moral support.

We hope to see many people at Long Beach in Stratford on 4/19 in the parking lot at about 10:30AM. And we hope to get a great list of birds and cool sightings as we go. Many people on this list do volunteer and contribute a lot, so thanks to all who do! If you have not then consider trying something new this spring and summer and making a real difference in CT. Let this list serv be more than just emails about what could, should, and must be done. Let's take things to another level in our state to save birds that will die or be expatriated without our help. Please email me if you have any questions. In the low chance we get rained out I will post it.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.