[CT Birds] Old Saybrook Purple Martins

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 08:01:48 EDT 2013

My colony finally showed up this morning. At least 8 Purple Martins are at house and gourds. A "scout" showed up about 2 weeks ago for a day then disappeared. Luckily I had just cleaned out the sparrow nests yesterday.
The pair of Peregrine Falcons seem to be nesting on top of one of the columns under the Baldwin Bridge.
Chris Malin's Scout Eagle Project, an osprey platform located just north of Old Saybrook's Founders Park (the old leaf dump), has a pair of Osprey building a nest on it. The cool thing about this platform is that you can look down into the nest.
John Ogren