[CT Birds] Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Birdcraft Banding Report

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 12:00:41 EDT 2013

I've had a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak at the feeder for the last two
days.  She's a bit earlier than last year when I first saw them on May 1st.

Sorry for the late report on Birdcraft banding but we had no new suspects,
banding Ruby and Golden Crowned Kinglets, Robin, White-throated Sparrows
and Brown Creepers during a fairly slow week.  One item of interest was a
recaptured White-throated Sparrow which we banded on April 9, 2009.
Sanctuary winter resident or migrant from further south??  He hadn't been
recaptured earlier this season and this is almost five years to the day
from his banding date, so I'm thinking this is a favored way station for

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut