[CT Birds] I THINK THIS GUY NEEDS A GOOD MOLT!

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 21:15:54 EDT 2013

In about a mile of phone poles I saw 5 Harris's Hawks doing  this, after a
day of rain followed by a night of heavy fog. And after three  weeks I
finally saw the fallout of my dreams. Thousands and thousands of  migrants of all
types, fighting to get enough to eat. I'm sure I personally saw  at least
5000 Baltimore Orioles. Someone on the local list estimated 250,000 of  them
in the area, and I think that # is probably very low. And many thousands
Indigo buntings, Blue Grosbeaks, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, more Dicksissels
than  I knew existed, hundreds of Painted Buntings and Scarlet Tanagers,
Thousands of Summer Tanagers and on and on. I'm sure I saw more BABO today than
I have in my entire life, all together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si6t7r2q91ckh9a/IMG_8473.JPG

Don Morgan
Coventry, Ct and currently, San Benito,  Tx