[CT Birds] Naugatuck and Lake Bethany

Richard Asarisi asarisi at me.com
Sat Apr 27 21:01:52 EDT 2013

Gary Prestash and myself headed out to Naugatuck State Forest today, the area off Hunters Mtn Road.  We were able to find Tree Swallows in abundance, male and female eastern towhee's, chipping sparrows, eastern song sparrows, brown-headed cowbirds, and one blue-gray gnatcatcher.  From there we headed south down to Lake Bethany, there we found many pine warblers, and one black and white warbler, I also heard a prairie warbler, but never was able to locate him.