[CT Birds] Talcott Mountain Science Center

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:19:58 EDT 2013

4/24 - Only 4 migrating Broadwings spotted over 3 hours today.  Mostly blue
sky, so I might have missed some.  Also, two skeins of DC Cormorants (26
total) migrating.  On the mountain were the singing Winter Wren, Eastern
Bluebirds, and a din of Chipping Sparrows, as well as the usual suspects.
Juncos still present.  The Turkey Vultures kept me company, kiting in the
breeze off the ridge.  I felt compelled to keep moving....

Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Der spring is sprung
Der grass is riz
I wonder where dem boidies is?

Der little boids is on der wing,
Ain't dat absoid?
Der little wings is on de boid!"     --"The Budding Bronx"  Anonymous