[CT Birds] Grosbeak: no, Bunting: yes!

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Apr 27 11:58:08 EDT 2013

4/27/13-in Woodbridge, at 6:15 am (before heading to the COA warbler
workshop) the male Indigo Bunting showed up at the feeder again after a 3
day hiatus.  This marks 101 days (!) since its first sighting.  It will
leave soon, I'm sure, as there is no suitable location for it breed close to
the house and my best guess is that the bird's home territory is a great
distance from here.  But, he is a handsome bird and it has been a treat to
observe him and a privilege to help him make it through the winter.

Chris Loscalzo,

P.S.  Thanks to all who attended the workshop.  I hope that you enjoyed it
and found it informative.  Now, let's go see some warblers!