[CT Birds] Eagle Nesting Question

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 28 07:34:29 EDT 2013

I was contacted by someone living in Cheshire about a possible eagle nest on or near her property. She has seen eagles nearby and at least one nest was seen last year relatively close. That nest was not monitored by the DEEP.

This nest is quite large and. However, the adult on the nest appears to have a very large,dark head. She has not seen this bird leave the nest so it is possibly on eggs.

I don't believe that eagles mate until the head is white, but I am not totally sure. Any input would be helpful.