[CT Birds] goldfinches

kevindoyle01 at charter.net kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Mon Apr 29 13:00:27 EDT 2013

 From New Milford front yard feeder.
Saturday past I purchased a double cynlindical feeder @ my local Agway
and hung it that afternoon
today Monday I checked outside and I don't know if this unusual or what
but now I well over 30 goldfinches
using the feeder and eating seeds on the ground. They are mostly males
very well defined and bright yellow
with a few females mixed in. For the most part they appear to be getting
along is this unusual or what since at
the other feeder 100 feet away all I'm seeing are titmice, downy
woodpeckers, chickadees, nuthatches, and purple finches
in droves late afternoons. Seldom any yellow finches at the old feeder.
Lastly both feeders have the same seeds.

Kevin Doyle any thoughts would be appreciated.