[CT Birds] extra-limital: they're almost here...

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Mon Apr 29 16:00:46 EDT 2013

I was in Central Park on Sunday (4/28) and it looks like most of the migrant crew is present just to our south, so this could be the start of an excellent week. Species I saw included Ovenbird, BT Blue Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, Yellow Warbler (looking quite spectacular), Veery, Towhee, great Crested Flycatcher, and a lone Loon on one of the ponds. (And in a different pond, a pretty large snapping turtle.) Other birders there mentioned seeing RB Grosbeak, Redstart and Worm-eating Warbler.

Jonah Cohen
Newington