[CT Birds] Rocky Neck SP: Yellow-throated Vireo and Bald Eagle

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Thu May 2 14:13:46 EDT 2013

Here are the highlights from a morning walk at Rocky Neck SP in East Lyme/Niantic:

1 Bald Eagle, seen flying over Rt 156 just west of the main entrance to park

Upper Trails:

1 Yellow-throated Vireo
1 Yellow-rumped Warbler
3 BG Gnatcatchers
3 E. Towhees
1 E. Bluebird
1 Tree Swallow
Lots of Chipping Sparrows and Song Sparrows
1 Osprey

Spent just a few minutes at the marsh platform, highlights below:

5 Green-winged Teal, 3 m, 2 f
4 Yellowlegs
1 Willet
7 Great Egrets
1 Snowy Egret
1 Osprey on nest
Several Barn Swallows

List has been sent into eBird

House wrens are back in my neighborhood, and it appears that my WT Sparrows took off two days ago.  Both at my feeders and on the ground I have been loaded with RW Blackbirds, both male and female.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPad