[CT Birds] Gloucester seabirds

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu May 2 14:47:08 EDT 2013

I spent the day yesterday (Wed.) on the Yankee Patriot out of Gloucester.
Fished at Tillies Ledge and had a moderate day birding and a good day fishing
with full coolers of Cod and Haddock. Gannets were numerous in all
plumage cycles (mostly adults) as well as small numbers of Greater
Black-backed and Herring Gulls, Eiders, small flock of 9 White-winged
Scoter and 3 Oldsquaw. Also 19 Common Loon both swimming and flying
north. Also 2 unidentified Whales.

Highlights:

11 Razorbill

3 Common Murre

5 Fulmar

5 Laughing Gull

3 Common Tern

1 banded male (huge bird) Greater Black-backed Gull (Appledpre Island)

Report with images will be posted on my blog in a few days:

http://coastalbirds2.blogspot....

I am also still behind in my February/March reports and am slowly
getting to them, they will also be posted shortly.

Keith Mueller
Killingworth