[CT Birds] migrants

Carol Ansel carolansel at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:40:11 EDT 2013

Nice morning birding out behind my school today.  The real treat was a scarlet tanager! Didn't have my camera with me, so no photos, but I did record the song on my iPhone, and there's no mistaking a tanager once you see one.  Also heard a couple of wood thrushes. Blue-gray gnatcatcher, the usual tree swallows in the boxes, a few bluebirds around the edges of the field, a sweet little pair of field sparrows. Also heard blue-winged warblers. Turkeys gobbling in the distance. After a slow start, looks like everyone is migrating at once!

Here's the complete list from eBird:
Carol Ansel, New London, US-CT
May 2, 2013 7:19 AM - 8:24 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:     <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.5.2
18 species

Wild Turkey  2
Northern Flicker  1
Eastern Phoebe  1